BELOIT, Wis. - A Tuesday morning fire in the town of Beloit destroyed a garage and its contents, including a Harley Davidson motorcycle, according to a release.
The town of Beloit and town of Turtle fire departments were dispatched to 2312 S. Dewey Ave. around 10:10 a.m. for reports of a garage fire, officials said.
When crews arrived they found a detached, two-and-a-half-story garage fully engulfed in flames with a house 6 feet away, according to the release. Firefighters were able to keep the fire away from the house, which had been evacuated.
Crews were able to get the fire under control in 20 minutes, officials said.
The garage, a Harley Davidson motorcycle and all other contents were destroyed in the fire, according to the release. The fire caused an estimated $56,000 in damage to the building and the contents.
No injuries were reported, officials said. The cause of the fire is being listed as undetermined, and investigators cannot rule out an electrical issue as the cause.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online