BELOIT, Wis. - A Tuesday morning fire in the town of Beloit destroyed a garage and its contents, including a Harley Davidson motorcycle, according to a release.
The town of Beloit and town of Turtle fire departments were dispatched to 2312 S. Dewey Ave. around 10:10 a.m. for reports of a garage fire, officials said.
When crews arrived they found a detached, two-and-a-half-story garage fully engulfed in flames with a house 6 feet away, according to the release. Firefighters were able to keep the fire away from the house, which had been evacuated.
Crews were able to get the fire under control in 20 minutes, officials said.
The garage, a Harley Davidson motorcycle and all other contents were destroyed in the fire, according to the release. The fire caused an estimated $56,000 in damage to the building and the contents.
No injuries were reported, officials said. The cause of the fire is being listed as undetermined, and investigators cannot rule out an electrical issue as the cause.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land