LA FARGE, Wis. - Fire has caused extensive damage to the headquarters of Organic Valley in La Farge.
Organic Valley CEO George Siemon tells the La Crosse Tribune the fire started about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and quickly spread through the walls.
Siemon says crews from across western Wisconsin were close to having the fire out.
No one was hurt, but fire and smoke caused damage to about two-thirds of the headquarters building. It's unclear how the fire started.
Employees evacuated the building and watched as a portion of the executive offices and human resources department burned from the inside out.
Organic Valley is a large cooperative of organic farmers, with more than 1,800 members in the U.S. and Canada. The headquarters building opened in 2006 and was expanded in 2010 and 2011.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need