MANITOWOC, Wis. - The Manitowoc Fire Department is investigating a fire that destroyed an outbuilding at the Cher-Make Sausage Company plant.
Crews were dispatched when multiple explosions were reported around 4:30 a.m. Saturday. Battalion Chief Ken Cayemberg said the outbuilding was a total loss.
No one was injured in the blaze.
Officials are continuing to look for the cause of the fire and the explosions.
Cher-Make's web site said the family-owned company makes a wide variety of private label smoked sausage products, including hot dogs, bratwurst, ring bologna, and summer sausage.
- Police: Woman stabbed with scissors in neck by her boyfriend
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles