MANITOWOC, Wis. - The Manitowoc Fire Department is investigating a fire that destroyed an outbuilding at the Cher-Make Sausage Company plant.
Crews were dispatched when multiple explosions were reported around 4:30 a.m. Saturday. Battalion Chief Ken Cayemberg said the outbuilding was a total loss.
No one was injured in the blaze.
Officials are continuing to look for the cause of the fire and the explosions.
Cher-Make's web site said the family-owned company makes a wide variety of private label smoked sausage products, including hot dogs, bratwurst, ring bologna, and summer sausage.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash