JANESVILLE, Wis. - One person was taken to a hospital after firefighters responded to a fire at a home in Janesville Tuesday night.
Firefighters were called to 15 S. Lexington Dr. at 11:23 p.m. for a report of a house on fire. The first firefighters on the scene said the found a single-story home with heavy smoke and fire showing from the front and back of the house.
Occupants got out of the house safely, but one person was taken to Mercy Hospital for evaluation.
The fire scene was under control in 30 minutes. Firefighters remained on the scene for four hours.
Losses are estimated at $96,400 to the structure and $60,000 to the contents of the home.
The fire remains under investigation.
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan