MUSCODA TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A fire in Grant County damaged a home and killed a cat, according to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Muscoda firefighters were called to 1638 Highway 133 in Muscoda Township at 1:48 a.m. Thursday for a report of a fire with the occupants and their animals still inside.
The occupants left the home but a cat died in the fire.
When firefighters arrived the house was fully engulfed, according to deputies.
The cause of the fire is not yet determined and the occupants were able to find shelter with family, according to deputies.
Blue River firefighters were called to assist.
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal