MUSCODA TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A fire in Grant County damaged a home and killed a cat, according to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Muscoda firefighters were called to 1638 Highway 133 in Muscoda Township at 1:48 a.m. Thursday for a report of a fire with the occupants and their animals still inside.
The occupants left the home but a cat died in the fire.
When firefighters arrived the house was fully engulfed, according to deputies.
The cause of the fire is not yet determined and the occupants were able to find shelter with family, according to deputies.
Blue River firefighters were called to assist.
- No injuries reported in burst of afternoon gunfire in residential neighborhood
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'