BLACK EARTH, Wis. - A fire damaged a home in the Village of Black Earth early Saturday morning.
At approximately 3:12 a.m., a Dane County sheriff's deputy, while on patrol, observed fire and smoke coming from a vacant home at 1235 Mills St.
The home was immediately checked and no one was inside, according to a Dane County Sheriff's Office news release.
The fire damage was limited to the front porch and roof area of the home.
Sheriff's officials said the preliminary investigation indicates an electrical issue caused the fire.
There were no injuries. Damage estimates are unknown at this time.
The fire remains under investigation.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday