BLACK EARTH, Wis. - A fire damaged a home in the Village of Black Earth early Saturday morning.
At approximately 3:12 a.m., a Dane County sheriff's deputy, while on patrol, observed fire and smoke coming from a vacant home at 1235 Mills St.
The home was immediately checked and no one was inside, according to a Dane County Sheriff's Office news release.
The fire damage was limited to the front porch and roof area of the home.
Sheriff's officials said the preliminary investigation indicates an electrical issue caused the fire.
There were no injuries. Damage estimates are unknown at this time.
The fire remains under investigation.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls