MADISON, Wis. - No one was injured following a house fire Sunday night on Madison's east side, according to the Madison fire department.
Firefighters were called to the home in the 200 block of North Marquette Street just before 10 p.m. Sunday.
The first crews got there within five minutes, and found flames shooting out of a second-floor window. Firefighters entered the home and quickly put out the blaze.
The home suffered about $15,000 in damage from the fire. One person at home at the time of the blaze escaped without getting hurt, according to the fire department.
The home suffered smoke and fire damage, but the fire department said the owner will be able to stay in the home.
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night