BELOIT, Wis. - A fire at a Beloit apartment building was knocked down quickly but did $10,000 in damage, according to the Beloit Fire Department.
Firefighters were called to an apartment building at 920 Park Ave. at 11:17 a.m. on Tuesday for a report of a fire in a first-floor apartment.
The first firefighters on the scene reported nothing showing from the outside of the building, and the alarm in the building hadn't sounded so no one was evacuating.
A man was found conscious inside burning apartment unit and damage was contained to that apartment.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Firefighters from South Beloit and the Town of Beloit were called to assist because of the size of the apartment building.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns