BELOIT, Wis. - A fire at a Beloit apartment building was knocked down quickly but did $10,000 in damage, according to the Beloit Fire Department.
Firefighters were called to an apartment building at 920 Park Ave. at 11:17 a.m. on Tuesday for a report of a fire in a first-floor apartment.
The first firefighters on the scene reported nothing showing from the outside of the building, and the alarm in the building hadn't sounded so no one was evacuating.
A man was found conscious inside burning apartment unit and damage was contained to that apartment.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Firefighters from South Beloit and the Town of Beloit were called to assist because of the size of the apartment building.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land