MARSHFIELD, Wis. - Damage from a weekend fire at a food ingredient plant in central Wisconsin is estimated at $1 million.
Marshfield fire officials said the blaze at Quality Ingredients Corp., was contained to a drying unit inside one of the company's buildings. Deputy Chief Craig DeGrand said the fire destroyed about $1 million worth of processed food product.
The Marshfield News-Herald reported firefighters were on the scene Sunday morning for about six hours.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry