MARSHFIELD, Wis. - Damage from a weekend fire at a food ingredient plant in central Wisconsin is estimated at $1 million.
Marshfield fire officials said the blaze at Quality Ingredients Corp., was contained to a drying unit inside one of the company's buildings. Deputy Chief Craig DeGrand said the fire destroyed about $1 million worth of processed food product.
The Marshfield News-Herald reported firefighters were on the scene Sunday morning for about six hours.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend