MARSHFIELD, Wis. - Damage from a weekend fire at a food ingredient plant in central Wisconsin is estimated at $1 million.
Marshfield fire officials said the blaze at Quality Ingredients Corp., was contained to a drying unit inside one of the company's buildings. Deputy Chief Craig DeGrand said the fire destroyed about $1 million worth of processed food product.
The Marshfield News-Herald reported firefighters were on the scene Sunday morning for about six hours.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns