ONALASKA, Wis. - The Onalaska Walmart closed for several hours Saturday morning after a fire broke out in the back of the building near the roof.
Firefighters from Onalaska and Campbell responded to the fire late in the morning and evacuated employees and shoppers. Police Chief Don Dominick said the building had not been evacuated prior to the department's arrival. He added no one was hurt in the fire.
Walmart re-opened its doors just before 3 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
The investigation is ongoing, and a cause for the fire is still unknown, Dominick said.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks