ONALASKA, Wis. - The Onalaska Walmart closed for several hours Saturday morning after a fire broke out in the back of the building near the roof.
Firefighters from Onalaska and Campbell responded to the fire late in the morning and evacuated employees and shoppers. Police Chief Don Dominick said the building had not been evacuated prior to the department's arrival. He added no one was hurt in the fire.
Walmart re-opened its doors just before 3 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
The investigation is ongoing, and a cause for the fire is still unknown, Dominick said.
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit