ONALASKA, Wis. - The Onalaska Walmart closed for several hours Saturday morning after a fire broke out in the back of the building near the roof.
Firefighters from Onalaska and Campbell responded to the fire late in the morning and evacuated employees and shoppers. Police Chief Don Dominick said the building had not been evacuated prior to the department's arrival. He added no one was hurt in the fire.
Walmart re-opened its doors just before 3 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
The investigation is ongoing, and a cause for the fire is still unknown, Dominick said.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow