ONALASKA, Wis. - The Onalaska Walmart closed for several hours Saturday morning after a fire broke out in the back of the building near the roof.
Firefighters from Onalaska and Campbell responded to the fire late in the morning and evacuated employees and shoppers. Police Chief Don Dominick said the building had not been evacuated prior to the department's arrival. He added no one was hurt in the fire.
Walmart re-opened its doors just before 3 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
The investigation is ongoing, and a cause for the fire is still unknown, Dominick said.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says