BELOIT, Wis. - A fire has caused major damage to an aluminum fabricator on Beloit's west side, according to the Beloit Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to a report of heavy smoke at the American Aluminum Extrusion facility in the 700 block of Third Street just after 7 p.m. Friday.
By the time firefighters arrived, the fire had spread to the second floor of the structure, causing major damage to both floors.
Firefighters were able to knock down the blaze once they got there.
Fire officials do not have a damage estimate at this time. No one was injured in the blaze.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart