BELOIT, Wis. - A fire has caused major damage to an aluminum fabricator on Beloit's west side, according to the Beloit Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to a report of heavy smoke at the American Aluminum Extrusion facility in the 700 block of Third Street just after 7 p.m. Friday.
By the time firefighters arrived, the fire had spread to the second floor of the structure, causing major damage to both floors.
Firefighters were able to knock down the blaze once they got there.
Fire officials do not have a damage estimate at this time. No one was injured in the blaze.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'