BELOIT, Wis. - A fire has caused major damage to an aluminum fabricator on Beloit's west side, according to the Beloit Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to a report of heavy smoke at the American Aluminum Extrusion facility in the 700 block of Third Street just after 7 p.m. Friday.
By the time firefighters arrived, the fire had spread to the second floor of the structure, causing major damage to both floors.
Firefighters were able to knock down the blaze once they got there.
Fire officials do not have a damage estimate at this time. No one was injured in the blaze.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter