BELOIT, Wis. - Damage is being estimated at $80,000 for an apartment fire that happened overnight in Beloit, officials said.
Beloit police and fire crews responded to 1854 Northgate Drive for reports of an apartment fire just before 1 a.m., according to a release.
The fire started in one of the second-floor apartments, but the cause is still under investigation, officials said. There's fire damage to apartment 206 as well as the attic and hallway around the apartment.
According to the release, there is smoke damage throughout the second floor of the 24-unit apartment building.
Alliant Energy crews helped with controlled the electric and natural gas utilities, officials said. Crews from 12 local fire departments also assisted at the scene.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue