BELOIT, Wis. - A fire caused $55,000 worth of damage to a Beloit home Saturday night, officials said.
Crews responded to 2644 Butlin Court around 10:50 p.m. and reported heavy smoke and fire coming from the back of the home, according to a release.
There were four people inside the home who were safely evacuated, officials said. No casualties were reported.
The accidental fire originated in a fireplace in the living room, investigators said. The fire caused damage to the living room, kitchen and attic.
Officials said there is smoke damage throughout the structure.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart