BELOIT, Wis. - A fire caused $55,000 worth of damage to a Beloit home Saturday night, officials said.
Crews responded to 2644 Butlin Court around 10:50 p.m. and reported heavy smoke and fire coming from the back of the home, according to a release.
There were four people inside the home who were safely evacuated, officials said. No casualties were reported.
The accidental fire originated in a fireplace in the living room, investigators said. The fire caused damage to the living room, kitchen and attic.
Officials said there is smoke damage throughout the structure.
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old