SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A Sun Prairie home sustained $50,000 in damage in a kitchen fire Tuesday afternoon, according to a release.
The Sun Prairie Fire Department was dispatched to a possible structure fire in a single-family residence in the 100 block of Stagecoach Circle around 4:05 p.m., officials said.
Police at the scene reported that the stove, microwave and kitchen cabinets were on fire, according to the release.
Firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the home, and extinguished and contained the fire, officials said.
According to the release, the fire was caused by cooking materials.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash