SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A Sun Prairie home sustained $50,000 in damage in a kitchen fire Tuesday afternoon, according to a release.
The Sun Prairie Fire Department was dispatched to a possible structure fire in a single-family residence in the 100 block of Stagecoach Circle around 4:05 p.m., officials said.
Police at the scene reported that the stove, microwave and kitchen cabinets were on fire, according to the release.
Firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the home, and extinguished and contained the fire, officials said.
According to the release, the fire was caused by cooking materials.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land