MADISON, Wis. - A fire in a town of Madison home caused approximately $50,000 in damage Tuesday night, according to a release.
The Town of Madison Fire Department responded to single-family residential structure fire around 7:30 p.m. on Nygard Street, officials said. When firefighters arrived on scene they could see flames and heaving smoke coming from the basement windows.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire within 15 minutes, according to the release. No one was injured in the fire, and the residents did not need assistance with temporary housing.
The fire was caused when an electrical outlet ignited a flammable liquid that was being used for extermination, officials said.
TMFD responded with 19 firefighters with four units and were assisted by the Fitchburg Fire Department and the Blooming Grove Fire Department.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street