TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. - A blaze at a concrete plant in the Town of Beloit early Tuesday morning caused $20,000 damage to the facility.
The fire started just after 1 a.m. Tuesday at Prairie Ave. Concrete in the 3500 block of S. Prairie Avenue in the Town of Beloit.
A police officer reported strong smoke and flames coming from a cement hopper at the plant. Four different fire agencies were called to the scene to battle the blaze.
Firefighters were able to knock down the fire in about 15 minutes and kept the fire from entering the building. No one was injured battling the blaze.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns