TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. - A blaze at a concrete plant in the Town of Beloit early Tuesday morning caused $20,000 damage to the facility.
The fire started just after 1 a.m. Tuesday at Prairie Ave. Concrete in the 3500 block of S. Prairie Avenue in the Town of Beloit.
A police officer reported strong smoke and flames coming from a cement hopper at the plant. Four different fire agencies were called to the scene to battle the blaze.
Firefighters were able to knock down the fire in about 15 minutes and kept the fire from entering the building. No one was injured battling the blaze.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK