TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. - A blaze at a concrete plant in the Town of Beloit early Tuesday morning caused $20,000 damage to the facility.
The fire started just after 1 a.m. Tuesday at Prairie Ave. Concrete in the 3500 block of S. Prairie Avenue in the Town of Beloit.
A police officer reported strong smoke and flames coming from a cement hopper at the plant. Four different fire agencies were called to the scene to battle the blaze.
Firefighters were able to knock down the fire in about 15 minutes and kept the fire from entering the building. No one was injured battling the blaze.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say