ROBERTS, Wis. - A fire has canceled classes at an elementary school in St. Croix County, possibly for the remainder of the school year.
St. Croix Central School District Superintendent David Bradley said fire officials told him it was unlikely classes could be held in the building for the remaining 26 days of the school year. Bradley told KMSP-TV administrators are looking for alternative sites around the community of Roberts to hold classes.
Firefighters were dispatched to the elementary school about 4 a.m. Tuesday.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets