PRAIRIE DU SAC, Wis. - A fire in a classroom next to an ag shop at Sauk Prairie High School Wednesday morning resulted in the cancellation of activities at the school in Prairie du Sac.
Fire officials at the scene told News 3 a contractor there doing work called 911 at 9:40 a.m.
Firefighters said there was a fire in the wall that melted some conduit and electrical equipment but did little other damage.
The cause of the fire was a construction worker who accidentally cut a gas line while sawing.
Most students were out of the school when the fire occurred.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls