PRAIRIE DU SAC, Wis. - A fire in a classroom next to an ag shop at Sauk Prairie High School Wednesday morning resulted in the cancellation of activities at the school in Prairie du Sac.
Fire officials at the scene told News 3 a contractor there doing work called 911 at 9:40 a.m.
Firefighters said there was a fire in the wall that melted some conduit and electrical equipment but did little other damage.
The cause of the fire was a construction worker who accidentally cut a gas line while sawing.
Most students were out of the school when the fire occurred.
- EPA grant freeze threatens UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say