PRAIRIE DU SAC, Wis. - A fire in a classroom next to an ag shop at Sauk Prairie High School Wednesday morning resulted in the cancellation of activities at the school in Prairie du Sac.
Fire officials at the scene told News 3 a contractor there doing work called 911 at 9:40 a.m.
Firefighters said there was a fire in the wall that melted some conduit and electrical equipment but did little other damage.
The cause of the fire was a construction worker who accidentally cut a gas line while sawing.
Most students were out of the school when the fire occurred.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets