Local News

Fire breaks out in room where resident was burning candle, officials say

MADISON, Wis. - At least 10 people have been displaced in a fire in a downtown apartment complex, officials said.

Firefighters responded around 12:40 p.m. to Uncommon Apartments in the 100 block of North Bedford Street, according to a release.

Firefighters said an automatic sprinkler kept the fire contained to the room where the fire started. That room sustained smoke and fire damage.

A resident told officials they were burning a candle in the room before the fire broke out, according to the release.

Apartments below the fourth-floor unit sustained water damage on the floors and ceilings, officials said.

All of the displaced residents affected had renters insurance. An estimate of damage is not available.

No one was injured.

Local And Regional News

Photo Galleries

E-News Registration

This Week's Circulars