CHRISTIANA TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A fire that damaged a home in Christiana Township is being blamed on a potential electrical issue, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Cambridge firefighters were called to 1688 Hammen Dr. at 7:54 p.m. Sunday for a report of a house fire. The house sustained fire and smoke damage on the second floor and water damage on the first floor.
Damage to the home is estimated at $50,000. The family was able to evacuate safely.
Investigators believe the fire started on the second floor.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike