CHRISTIANA TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A fire that damaged a home in Christiana Township is being blamed on a potential electrical issue, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Cambridge firefighters were called to 1688 Hammen Dr. at 7:54 p.m. Sunday for a report of a house fire. The house sustained fire and smoke damage on the second floor and water damage on the first floor.
Damage to the home is estimated at $50,000. The family was able to evacuate safely.
Investigators believe the fire started on the second floor.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say