MADISON, Wis. - A fire on Sunday morning is thought to have caused thousands of dollars in damage to the UW-Madison Porter Boat House on Lake Mendota.
At around 9 a.m., fire crews responded to reports of smoke that were later determined to have been caused by an electrical fault.
The Porter Boat House is home to both the UW men's and women's rowing teams and their equipment.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees