MADISON, Wis. - A fire on Sunday morning is thought to have caused thousands of dollars in damage to the UW-Madison Porter Boat House on Lake Mendota.
At around 9 a.m., fire crews responded to reports of smoke that were later determined to have been caused by an electrical fault.
The Porter Boat House is home to both the UW men's and women's rowing teams and their equipment.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Trees may have less vibrant fall colors this year
- Attorneys: Portions of Foxconn law could be unconstitutional
- MPD investigates racist graffiti at James Madison Park
- 2 found dead at French Island home
- 18 arrested in large scale drug bust
- WATCH: Moment kids found alive in collapsed Mexico City school