MADISON, Wis. - A fire on Sunday morning is thought to have caused thousands of dollars in damage to the UW-Madison Porter Boat House on Lake Mendota.
At around 9 a.m., fire crews responded to reports of smoke that were later determined to have been caused by an electrical fault.
The Porter Boat House is home to both the UW men's and women's rowing teams and their equipment.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowski traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota