MADISON, Wis. - A fire on Sunday morning is thought to have caused thousands of dollars in damage to the UW-Madison Porter Boat House on Lake Mendota.
At around 9 a.m., fire crews responded to reports of smoke that were later determined to have been caused by an electrical fault.
The Porter Boat House is home to both the UW men's and women's rowing teams and their equipment.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say