MADISON, Wis. - Madison fire crews responded to a fire in a retirement community apartment building Monday night.
Dane County dispatch said the fire was reported around 8:30 p.m. at the Oakwoods Village Retirement Community at 6209 Mineral Point Road.
The fire started in an apartment bedroom, but was contained by sprinklers, officials said. One minor injury was reported at the scene. That person was taken to a hospital.
Several floors of the apartment building did sustain water damage, officials said.
Nearly 100 older adults live in the 15 story high-rise apartment building.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say