MADISON, Wis. - Madison fire crews responded to a fire in a retirement community apartment building Monday night.
Dane County dispatch said the fire was reported around 8:30 p.m. at the Oakwoods Village Retirement Community at 6209 Mineral Point Road.
The fire started in an apartment bedroom, but was contained by sprinklers, officials said. One minor injury was reported at the scene. That person was taken to a hospital.
Several floors of the apartment building did sustain water damage, officials said.
Nearly 100 older adults live in the 15 story high-rise apartment building.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1