MADISON, Wis. - Police arrested a Madison woman after a fight over a man ended in injuries from a knife Saturday night.
Zabrina J. Thompson-Smith, 40, got into an argument with another Madison woman after both showed interest in the same man, officials said. The argument started inside an apartment and moved outside to a parking lot on North Walbridge Avenue.
The woman needed stitches for cuts to her torso, arm and wrist she sustained during the fight.
Thompson-Smith got into an SUV and witnesses told police she drove it at people in the area, according to the release. A 27-year-old woman told police she was hit, but not seriously injured.
A witness said Thompson-Smith had been armed with a knife during part of the fight, but the knife could not immediately be located.
Thompson-Smith was arrested on charges of second-degree reckless endangerment.Madison crime map
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend