MILWAUKEE - Several people are under arrest after a fight broke out after a Milwaukee man was sentenced for causing a boy's death.
Dedrick Ashford was sentenced Wednesday to one year in prison and one year probation for striking and killing 6-year-old Christopher Wade with his car in April.
According to the criminal complaint, Ashford told police he knew he was driving without a license and had smoked marijuana a few hours before he got behind the wheel.
WISN-TV reported the victim's family was upset with the sentence and began screaming and yelling.
The melee spilled into the hallway outside of the Milwaukee Safety Building courtroom, where several people were arrested and some were injured. The sheriff's department said three people are in custody.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets