MILWAUKEE - Several people are under arrest after a fight broke out after a Milwaukee man was sentenced for causing a boy's death.
Dedrick Ashford was sentenced Wednesday to one year in prison and one year probation for striking and killing 6-year-old Christopher Wade with his car in April.
According to the criminal complaint, Ashford told police he knew he was driving without a license and had smoked marijuana a few hours before he got behind the wheel.
WISN-TV reported the victim's family was upset with the sentence and began screaming and yelling.
The melee spilled into the hallway outside of the Milwaukee Safety Building courtroom, where several people were arrested and some were injured. The sheriff's department said three people are in custody.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother