ANTIGO, Wis. - Authorities are releasing few details about a body found near Antigo.
The body was found in a wooded area just west of the city limits.
The Langlade County sheriff's office said evidence found at the scene doesn't match any description of missing persons in the area.
The man who found the body told WSAW-TV the body was so badly decomposed he was not immediately certain what it was.
The man was checking his tree stand on Thursday afternoon when he found the body.
He said he had been at the site in November and did not see anything then.
The man said the skull was found about 10 yards from the body.
An autopsy was scheduled Friday in Madison.
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant