ANTIGO, Wis. - Authorities are releasing few details about a body found near Antigo.
The body was found in a wooded area just west of the city limits.
The Langlade County sheriff's office said evidence found at the scene doesn't match any description of missing persons in the area.
The man who found the body told WSAW-TV the body was so badly decomposed he was not immediately certain what it was.
The man was checking his tree stand on Thursday afternoon when he found the body.
He said he had been at the site in November and did not see anything then.
The man said the skull was found about 10 yards from the body.
An autopsy was scheduled Friday in Madison.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls