HARTFORD, Wis. - The father of a young Hartford woman who was an apparent homicide victim says his daughter was a "spectacularly beautiful person, deep and soulful."
Charles Blodgett says his 19-year-old daughter, Jessie, was "a father's dream." The teen was found dead in her bedroom by her mother July 15. Court documents say police are investigating the death as a homicide. A search warrant says investigators observed a ligature mark on the victim's neck.
Blodgett says Jessie was the fiddler in the Hartford Community performance of "Fiddler on the Roof" and had been at a cast party the night before she died.
WISN-TV says police have interviewed at least one person of interest in the case.
Hartford police issued a statement Thursday, asking the community for patience as the investigation continues.
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted