BELOIT, Wis. - One man is dead, and another man has been arrested in connection to his death on Beloit's east side Monday.
Beloit police arrived at the scene in the 2200 block of Sunshine Lane around 1:40 a.m. Monday.
According to police, Peter Hemmy, 30, walked into the Beloit police lobby around 1:30 a.m. and said he committed a crime at his home. That's when police went to check it out and found Bruce Hemmy, 58, dead.
The two men are father and son. There were two other people in the house at the time and police had to wake them up, authorities said.
The department is investigating the death as a homicide. Hemmy was arrested on suspicion of first-degree intentional homicide.
Police said preliminary indications suggest the death was the result of a domestic situation and that there is no ongoing danger to the community from the incident.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say