TOWN OF LUCAS, Wis. - Authorities have identified a father and son who were killed in a two-vehicle crash in the Town of Lucas in Dunn County of western Wisconsin.
The Dunn County Sheriff's Office said it happened late Saturday night on Highway 29. Investigators said it appears a westbound passenger car driven by 30-year-old Joshua A. Larrieu, of Menomonie, crossed the centerline and was struck on the passenger side by an eastbound SUV shortly before midnight.
Larrieu and his father, 57-year-old William C. Larrieu, of Elmwood, died at the scene. The sheriff's office said neither was wearing seatbelts, and that alcohol appeared to be a factor related to their vehicle's role in the crash.
The driver of the SUV, a 52-year-old Menomonie woman, was taken to a Menomonie hospital. She was wearing a seatbelt.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing