TOWN OF LUCAS, Wis. - Authorities have identified a father and son who were killed in a two-vehicle crash in the Town of Lucas in Dunn County of western Wisconsin.
The Dunn County Sheriff's Office said it happened late Saturday night on Highway 29. Investigators said it appears a westbound passenger car driven by 30-year-old Joshua A. Larrieu, of Menomonie, crossed the centerline and was struck on the passenger side by an eastbound SUV shortly before midnight.
Larrieu and his father, 57-year-old William C. Larrieu, of Elmwood, died at the scene. The sheriff's office said neither was wearing seatbelts, and that alcohol appeared to be a factor related to their vehicle's role in the crash.
The driver of the SUV, a 52-year-old Menomonie woman, was taken to a Menomonie hospital. She was wearing a seatbelt.
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood