APPLETON, Wis. - A Fox Valley father is accused of hitting his two-year-old son, tying him up and placing him in a dog cage.
Michael Kitzman, 34, of Little Chute, faces felony charges of child abuse. Officer Scott Vanschyndel said Kitzman admitted losing his temper and striking the toddler. He said the abuse left bruises on the boy.
The officer says Kitzman then tied the toddler's legs and arms with clothing and left him for about 45 minutes, then untied him and put him in a dog kennel and placed it in a dark room.
WLUK-TV reported a criminal complaint stated Kitzman admitted to the abuse and said he "just lost it."
Kitzman's bond is set at $10,000 cash.
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound