APPLETON, Wis. - A Fox Valley father is accused of hitting his two-year-old son, tying him up and placing him in a dog cage.
Michael Kitzman, 34, of Little Chute, faces felony charges of child abuse. Officer Scott Vanschyndel said Kitzman admitted losing his temper and striking the toddler. He said the abuse left bruises on the boy.
The officer says Kitzman then tied the toddler's legs and arms with clothing and left him for about 45 minutes, then untied him and put him in a dog kennel and placed it in a dark room.
WLUK-TV reported a criminal complaint stated Kitzman admitted to the abuse and said he "just lost it."
Kitzman's bond is set at $10,000 cash.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land