Illinois State Police said it is investigating a fatal crash involving three cars on Interstate 39 northbound.
One vehicle burst into flames, resulting in a fatality, according to the alert. The crash happened at 8:38 p.m. Friday.
All I-39 northbound lanes near the crash site were blocked. Northbound traffic was diverted via I-39 northbound at milepost 93 to IL 251, according to the report.
The Illinois State Police said in an alert Friday at 10 p.m. that motorists should anticipate I-39 northbound to be closed for "the next several hours while the crash scene is investigated."
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street