Illinois State Police said it is investigating a fatal crash involving three cars on Interstate 39 northbound.
One vehicle burst into flames, resulting in a fatality, according to the alert. The crash happened at 8:38 p.m. Friday.
All I-39 northbound lanes near the crash site were blocked. Northbound traffic was diverted via I-39 northbound at milepost 93 to IL 251, according to the report.
The Illinois State Police said in an alert Friday at 10 p.m. that motorists should anticipate I-39 northbound to be closed for "the next several hours while the crash scene is investigated."
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need