Illinois State Police said it is investigating a fatal crash involving three cars on Interstate 39 northbound.
One vehicle burst into flames, resulting in a fatality, according to the alert. The crash happened at 8:38 p.m. Friday.
All I-39 northbound lanes near the crash site were blocked. Northbound traffic was diverted via I-39 northbound at milepost 93 to IL 251, according to the report.
The Illinois State Police said in an alert Friday at 10 p.m. that motorists should anticipate I-39 northbound to be closed for "the next several hours while the crash scene is investigated."
- No injuries reported in burst of afternoon gunfire in residential neighborhood
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'