Illinois State Police said it is investigating a fatal crash involving three cars on Interstate 39 northbound.
One vehicle burst into flames, resulting in a fatality, according to the alert. The crash happened at 8:38 p.m. Friday.
All I-39 northbound lanes near the crash site were blocked. Northbound traffic was diverted via I-39 northbound at milepost 93 to IL 251, according to the report.
The Illinois State Police said in an alert Friday at 10 p.m. that motorists should anticipate I-39 northbound to be closed for "the next several hours while the crash scene is investigated."
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer