LYNDON STATION, Wis. - A farming community in the Lyndon Station area came together earlier this month to harvest a family's land after their father suffered a major stroke.
After the stroke, Bob Holig, 51, was hospitalized, partially paralyzed and put on a respirator.
Holig, a father of three, died on Sunday morning following complications from the stroke.
A family friend said Holig's family will continue their farming tradition in his memory.
When Holig was hospitalized earlier this month, 15 area farmers came together to help his family with the harvest.
A visitation is scheduled for Friday in Lyndon Station. Services and burial will take place Saturday. For more information on the funeral services and Holig's life, read his obituary here.
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin