LYNDON STATION, Wis. - A farming community in the Lyndon Station area came together earlier this month to harvest a family's land after their father suffered a major stroke.
After the stroke, Bob Holig, 51, was hospitalized, partially paralyzed and put on a respirator.
Holig, a father of three, died on Sunday morning following complications from the stroke.
A family friend said Holig's family will continue their farming tradition in his memory.
When Holig was hospitalized earlier this month, 15 area farmers came together to help his family with the harvest.
A visitation is scheduled for Friday in Lyndon Station. Services and burial will take place Saturday. For more information on the funeral services and Holig's life, read his obituary here.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms