MONTELLO TOWNSHIP, Wis. - The victims of a house fire in Montello Township escaped with their lives, and their struggle to survive the fire was recorded in a 911 call to dispatchers.
Firefighters rescued a woman and her three children at W3934 Davis Dr. when they were called to the home at 6:16 a.m.
Montello Fire Chief Glenn Bubolz said the house was fully engulfed when crews arrived. They had made contact with a woman inside the home, but lost contact when they arrived.
In the 911 recording, children can be heard crying and coughing as a dispatcher instructs them to break a window and keep the children close to the floor until firefighters arrive.
Three children and an adult were pulled from the home and transported to Portage Divine Savior Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to Bubolz.
Firefighters from Princeton were called to assist. Crews remained at the scene of the fire for more than three hours.Family trapped by fire in 911 recording
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says