On one of the busiest travel days of the year, flight delays were few at Dane County Regional Airport. Even with a storm slicing through the East Coast, most flights were arriving and departing Madison on time.
"Today being a Wednesday, the day before a holiday, everybody is trying to get where they need to go before the big day," said Brent McHenry, marketing and communications director for the airport.
McHenry expects the airport to remain busy through Wednesday and into Thursday morning before airline flight schedules slow down.
While flying on one of the busiest travel days of the year can be hectic and stressful, the payoff for travelers is in airport reunions with family.
"I think it is beautiful to see everybody coming together and reuniting with loved ones," said Terri Lane, who was at the airport to pick up her mother, arriving from Alabama. "We only have so much time here on Earth and you have to cherish every moment you have with your loved ones, and if you are able to spend the holidays with them, it is a wonderful time."
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement