MADISON, Wis. - A father walking with his family reported hearing gunshots on Madison's east side Monday night around 9:40 p.m., officials said.
The man told police a dark-colored Chevy Impala drove past them on Bartillon Drive with its lights off and stopped, according to a release. He said that is when they heard the weapon go off.
After the shot, he told police the car's lights turned on and the vehicle sped away, according to the release.
There were no initial reports of injuries or property damage, police said.
Officials said the man does not believe anyone was shooting at his family.Madison crime map
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000