MADISON, Wis. - A father walking with his family reported hearing gunshots on Madison's east side Monday night around 9:40 p.m., officials said.
The man told police a dark-colored Chevy Impala drove past them on Bartillon Drive with its lights off and stopped, according to a release. He said that is when they heard the weapon go off.
After the shot, he told police the car's lights turned on and the vehicle sped away, according to the release.
There were no initial reports of injuries or property damage, police said.
Officials said the man does not believe anyone was shooting at his family.Madison crime map
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend