MADISON, Wis. - The family of an 85-year-old woman who went missing Monday sent a letter to thank Madison police and community members for helping bring her home safely.
Nien Mu was found near a business on Odana Road around 4:30 p.m., officials said. She went missing from a vehicle that was parked in a lot in the back of West Towne Mall earlier Monday afternoon.
The family wrote in the letter, "please extend our gratitude to all the officers and everyone who helped today. We don't know what we would've done otherwise."
Police were concerned for her welfare because she suffers from dementia-type symptoms and does not speak English.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls