MADISON, Wis. - A family is displaced Sunday night after a fire ripped through their Madison home.
Madison fire authorities said a fire started in the garage of a house at 121 High Point Road. The fire destroyed two cars and caused heat and smoke damage throughout the house.
Two people were home when the fire started at around 7:40 p.m. Authorities said they escaped safely and are staying with friends overnight.
Authorities said there does not appear to be a lot of structural damage, but damage estimates are around $100,000.
Authorities are investigating what sparked the fire.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets