MADISON, Wis. - A family is displaced Sunday night after a fire ripped through their Madison home.
Madison fire authorities said a fire started in the garage of a house at 121 High Point Road. The fire destroyed two cars and caused heat and smoke damage throughout the house.
Two people were home when the fire started at around 7:40 p.m. Authorities said they escaped safely and are staying with friends overnight.
Authorities said there does not appear to be a lot of structural damage, but damage estimates are around $100,000.
Authorities are investigating what sparked the fire.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls