BARABOO, Wis. - Sauk County dispatch confirmed a 3-year-old drowned at Devil's Lake State Park Thursday.
The call came in at 5:03 p.m. for officials to go to the south shore of Devil's Lake.
According to a release from Devil's Lake State Park officials, Department of Natural Resources Rangers were on their way to the scene when they learned there was a possible drowning.
Fabiola Alcantara confirmed to News 3 the identity of the girl who drowned as her daughter, Emily Garcia.
The DNR Rangers arrived a short time later and found that the 3-year-old had been pulled from the water by family members and she was unresponsive.
Three park visitors -- two doctors and a registered nurse -- as well as DNR staff performed CPR on Emily Garcia.
A short time later, Baraboo Ambulance Service paramedics arrived and attempted to revive the girl. A MedFlight helicopter arrived and the flight nurse and doctor also attempted to revive the girl.
At 6:07 p.m., the MedFlight doctor pronounced Emily Garcia dead.VIDEO: 3-year-old girl drowns at Devil's Lake
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says