BARABOO, Wis. - Sauk County dispatch confirmed a 3-year-old drowned at Devil's Lake State Park Thursday.
The call came in at 5:03 p.m. for officials to go to the south shore of Devil's Lake.
According to a release from Devil's Lake State Park officials, Department of Natural Resources Rangers were on their way to the scene when they learned there was a possible drowning.
Fabiola Alcantara confirmed to News 3 the identity of the girl who drowned as her daughter, Emily Garcia.
The DNR Rangers arrived a short time later and found that the 3-year-old had been pulled from the water by family members and she was unresponsive.
Three park visitors -- two doctors and a registered nurse -- as well as DNR staff performed CPR on Emily Garcia.
A short time later, Baraboo Ambulance Service paramedics arrived and attempted to revive the girl. A MedFlight helicopter arrived and the flight nurse and doctor also attempted to revive the girl.
At 6:07 p.m., the MedFlight doctor pronounced Emily Garcia dead.VIDEO: 3-year-old girl drowns at Devil's Lake
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say