BARABOO, Wis. - Sauk County dispatch confirmed a 3-year-old drowned at Devil's Lake State Park Thursday.
The call came in at 5:03 p.m. for officials to go to the south shore of Devil's Lake.
According to a release from Devil's Lake State Park officials, Department of Natural Resources Rangers were on their way to the scene when they learned there was a possible drowning.
Fabiola Alcantara confirmed to News 3 the identity of the girl who drowned as her daughter, Emily Garcia.
The DNR Rangers arrived a short time later and found that the 3-year-old had been pulled from the water by family members and she was unresponsive.
Three park visitors -- two doctors and a registered nurse -- as well as DNR staff performed CPR on Emily Garcia.
A short time later, Baraboo Ambulance Service paramedics arrived and attempted to revive the girl. A MedFlight helicopter arrived and the flight nurse and doctor also attempted to revive the girl.
At 6:07 p.m., the MedFlight doctor pronounced Emily Garcia dead.VIDEO: 3-year-old girl drowns at Devil's Lake
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says