MADISON, Wis. - Ed Fallone goes after incumbent Justice Pat Roggensack in his first ad in the Wisconsin Supreme Court race.
Fallone's ad released Tuesday is airing in Milwaukee and the Fox Valley. It comes two weeks before the April 2 election.
In the 30-second spot, Fallone speaks directly to the viewer saying the Supreme Court has descended into dysfunction over the past three years. The ad accuses Roggensack of not holding fellow Justice David Prosser accountable after he put his hands around the neck of Justice Ann Walsh Bradley during a disagreement in 2011.
Roggensack has recused herself from an ethics case brought against Prosser.
Fallone spokesman Brad Wojciechowski said the ad contrasts Roggensack's "failed leadership" with Fallone's vision for the court.
Roggensack's campaign adviser Brandon Scholz calls the ad "more than disappointing." He says people are tired of negative campaigns but "Fallone is oblivious to that."
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Parents, child care centers face problems with 4-year-old kindergarten
- Iconic funk drummer Clyde Stubblefield leaves an international legacy
- Stripper sues Cruisin' Chubbys Gentleman's Club
- Teacher uses personal story to educate students on eating disorders
- February will end with near-record high temps, threat of severe thunderstorms