MADISON, Wis. - Officials said a 24-year-old man was injured in downtown Madison after falling several stories from a scaffolding.
Madison Fire Department spokeswoman Bernadette Galvez said the construction worker fell 40 to 50 feet at about 1:30 p.m. at 425 W. Washington Ave.
Madison police spokesman Officer Howard Payne said it wasn't immediately clear what caused the fall.
"Investigations are ongoing as to what actually occurred, or what was responsible for the male falling," Payne said.
Galvez said it wasn't clear if the man was conscious when he was taken to UW Hospital with injures considered "level one" trauma.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration is also investigating the incident, police said. The fire and police departments are also continuing to investigate.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash