NEW GLARUS, Wis. - New Glarus will host A Gathering of Rogues and Ruffians to learn about life during Renaissance times by visiting with re-enactors, according to a release.
The event will include musicians from around the region, a variety of dancers, comedians, pirates, knights and variety acts, organizers said. The Kid's Kingdom will also be available for young lords and ladies to siege the castle or attack a ship with a 3-foot catapult.
The whole family can try activities like throwing knives and axes, learning a few new dance steps, taking in a puppet show, learning what it takes to be a knight, going for a ride on a horse or playing a game of Spanish Towers, according to the release. There will also be tarot card readings and Last Hope LARP will have live-action role playing.
Artisans will also be on hand to sell their wares, including Renaissance costumes, jewelry, fantasy accessories, books, collectibles, swords, toys and trinkets, according to the release.
Calli's Pub will also offer faire attendees a chance to take in a show and get something to eat, organizers said.
The event is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 12 and 13 at the Wilhelm Tell Grounds at W5199 Highway W in New Glarus. Admission is $5.
For more information, click here.
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn
- WIAA board approves concussion insurance for student athletes
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet