MADISON, Wis. - People from around the world are in Madison for a yearly event celebrating the dairy industry.
The five-day World Dairy Expo at the Alliant Energy Center is expected to host around 70,000 people.
The expo includes seminars, tours and a dairy cattle show.
Organizers said it helps develop business relationships around the dairy industry.
"Those are all different facets of the businesses that are represented at our show, a lot of technologies too, such as software, maybe items people don't typically associate with farm operations are on display here," said Janet Keller, communication manager at World Dairy Expo.
The expo goes through Saturday. An all-day pass is $10 and a pass for the week is $30. Both passes include free parking.
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her