Investigators are looking for the cause of an explosion that leveled a house in Eau Claire County.
The explosion Sunday shook the neighborhood and sent debris flying. Town fire official Mark Porter says fortunately no one was killed or injured.
All that's left of the house is a huge pile of lumber and debris. Authorities say five other houses sustained damage, including Gary Streveler's home next door. Streveler tells WEAU-TV his windows were blown out, his walls cracked and insulation, shingles and glass landed inside his house, which for now is uninhabitable.
Authorities say the couple who owns the home that exploded, and their three children, are away on vacation.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land