Investigators are looking for the cause of an explosion that leveled a house in Eau Claire County.
The explosion Sunday shook the neighborhood and sent debris flying. Town fire official Mark Porter says fortunately no one was killed or injured.
All that's left of the house is a huge pile of lumber and debris. Authorities say five other houses sustained damage, including Gary Streveler's home next door. Streveler tells WEAU-TV his windows were blown out, his walls cracked and insulation, shingles and glass landed inside his house, which for now is uninhabitable.
Authorities say the couple who owns the home that exploded, and their three children, are away on vacation.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns