Investigators are looking for the cause of an explosion that leveled a house in Eau Claire County.
The explosion Sunday shook the neighborhood and sent debris flying. Town fire official Mark Porter says fortunately no one was killed or injured.
All that's left of the house is a huge pile of lumber and debris. Authorities say five other houses sustained damage, including Gary Streveler's home next door. Streveler tells WEAU-TV his windows were blown out, his walls cracked and insulation, shingles and glass landed inside his house, which for now is uninhabitable.
Authorities say the couple who owns the home that exploded, and their three children, are away on vacation.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn