MADISON, Wis. - As the Wisconsin men's basketball team heads to the Final Four, consumer experts want fans to be cautious when buying tickets or even spirit gear.
The Better Business Bureau advises people to use a reputable ticket broker and to be leery of resellers. Also, don't post pictures of tickets online because counterfeiters could steal the information and make fake tickets.
When buying clothing, BBB officials said that the NCAA is a licensed brand, and fans should ask tough questions about the products.
"Where are you located? How did you come across these tickets? How has this package come together? What is your connection to the team? Ask those tough questions and a reputable reseller, a reputable tour broker, they're going to be able to answer those questions," Southwest Regional Director of the BBB Kimberly Hazen said.
Using a credit card also provides an extra layer of insurance.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land