MADISON, Wis. - As the Wisconsin men's basketball team heads to the Final Four, consumer experts want fans to be cautious when buying tickets or even spirit gear.
The Better Business Bureau advises people to use a reputable ticket broker and to be leery of resellers. Also, don't post pictures of tickets online because counterfeiters could steal the information and make fake tickets.
When buying clothing, BBB officials said that the NCAA is a licensed brand, and fans should ask tough questions about the products.
"Where are you located? How did you come across these tickets? How has this package come together? What is your connection to the team? Ask those tough questions and a reputable reseller, a reputable tour broker, they're going to be able to answer those questions," Southwest Regional Director of the BBB Kimberly Hazen said.
Using a credit card also provides an extra layer of insurance.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say