MILWAUKEE - A former speaker of the Wisconsin Assembly is back safe in the state after running in the Boston Marathon.
Forty-nine-year-old John Gard of Green Bay said he finished the marathon well ahead of Monday's deadly explosions near the finish line.
Gard said he was hanging out with friends after finishing the race when the blast happened. He says, "All you saw was chaos."
He said, "You could tell something unusual was happening."
Gard finished his fifth Boston Marathon with a time of 3 hours, 7 minutes. He says the Boston Marathon "is probably one of the most genuinely innocent events in America" but "will never be the same" after the deadly blast.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land