SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Former Sheboygan mayor Robert Ryan has pleaded no contest to reduced charges of disorderly conduct for a 2011 incident in which he was accused of groping a woman's breasts during a drinking binge in Elkhart Lake.
Ryan pleaded not guilty last May to two sexual assault charges from the incident on July 23, 2011. Under Monday's plea agreement, he pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct. His trial was due to begin Tuesday. His sentencing is set for Wednesday. Each count carries up to 90 days jail and a $1,000 fine.
District Attorney Joe DeCecco said disorderly conduct includes "profane" or "indecent" conduct and actions that unreasonably offend the community's sense of decency or propriety.
Ryan lost a recall last year. He has acknowledged he's an alcoholic.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land