SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Former Sheboygan mayor Robert Ryan has pleaded no contest to reduced charges of disorderly conduct for a 2011 incident in which he was accused of groping a woman's breasts during a drinking binge in Elkhart Lake.
Ryan pleaded not guilty last May to two sexual assault charges from the incident on July 23, 2011. Under Monday's plea agreement, he pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct. His trial was due to begin Tuesday. His sentencing is set for Wednesday. Each count carries up to 90 days jail and a $1,000 fine.
District Attorney Joe DeCecco said disorderly conduct includes "profane" or "indecent" conduct and actions that unreasonably offend the community's sense of decency or propriety.
Ryan lost a recall last year. He has acknowledged he's an alcoholic.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns