MILWAUKEE - State Rep. Jon Richards and Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne say they will support former rival Susan Happ in her bid to become Wisconsin's attorney general.
Happ defeated Richards and Ozanne on Tuesday in the Democratic primary. The Jefferson County district attorney now faces Republican Brad Schimel in the general election. Schimel is district attorney in Waukesha County.
Richards and Ozanne appeared with Happ on Friday at a news conference in Milwaukee. Richards says it's time to "close ranks as Democrats" and work to elect a candidate who will stand up for the environment, access to health care and citizens' rights in the workplace.
Ozanne says it's good to have a candidate with experience as a prosecutor but the race is about more than just being tough on crime.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say