KIEL, Wis. - The former mayor of Sheboygan who has publicly battled problems with alcohol has been arrested on suspicion of driving drunk.
Kiel police say Bob Ryan was pulled over shortly before midnight Sunday and was taken to a Manitowoc hospital for a blood draw and then to the Manitowoc County Jail. The Sheboygan Press reported he was ticketed for first offense operating while intoxicated.
Ryan is an admitted alcoholic who says he continues to work on his sobriety. The former mayor was recently fined $770 for misdemeanor disorderly conduct stemming from a 2011 incident at an Elkhart Lake bar in which he was accused of groping a woman.
A call to Ryan for comment was not immediately returned.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1