NEILSVILLE, Wis. - A former assistant track coach at Thorp High School is accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old student.
WSAW-TV reported that 43-year-old Scott A. Bergman, of Thorp, faces a felony charge of sexual assault of a student by school staff. He's free on bail.
The criminal complaint alleges the relationship began last fall, when Bergman was the girl's coach. School officials contacted police after learning about the possible relationship. Authorities said a search of Bergman's phone turned up nude pictures of the girl, and intimate text messages between them.
Bergman was fired in November.
He does not have a listed phone number and his attorney did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment Monday. He's due to make his first court appearance Thursday in Clark County.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire