NEILSVILLE, Wis. - A former assistant track coach at Thorp High School is accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old student.
WSAW-TV reported that 43-year-old Scott A. Bergman, of Thorp, faces a felony charge of sexual assault of a student by school staff. He's free on bail.
The criminal complaint alleges the relationship began last fall, when Bergman was the girl's coach. School officials contacted police after learning about the possible relationship. Authorities said a search of Bergman's phone turned up nude pictures of the girl, and intimate text messages between them.
Bergman was fired in November.
He does not have a listed phone number and his attorney did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment Monday. He's due to make his first court appearance Thursday in Clark County.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets