MADISON, Wis. - State officials held services around Wisconsin to observe Veterans Day -- as about 100 Wisconsin troops deployed for duty.
The members of the Wisconsin Air National Guard's 128th Air Control Squadron left Wisconsin on Sunday. They are headed for southwest Asia.
Ceremonies to honor those who served in the military were held Sunday in veterans' homes in Union Grove and King, and at the Northern Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery near Spooner.
Gov. Scott Walker spoke at an event Friday at the state Capitol. He said, "Thank you," to all Wisconsinites who have served in the military.
All state agencies will be open on Monday.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls