MADISON, Wis. - State officials held services around Wisconsin to observe Veterans Day -- as about 100 Wisconsin troops deployed for duty.
The members of the Wisconsin Air National Guard's 128th Air Control Squadron left Wisconsin on Sunday. They are headed for southwest Asia.
Ceremonies to honor those who served in the military were held Sunday in veterans' homes in Union Grove and King, and at the Northern Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery near Spooner.
Gov. Scott Walker spoke at an event Friday at the state Capitol. He said, "Thank you," to all Wisconsinites who have served in the military.
All state agencies will be open on Monday.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says