MADISON, Wis. - State officials held services around Wisconsin to observe Veterans Day -- as about 100 Wisconsin troops deployed for duty.
The members of the Wisconsin Air National Guard's 128th Air Control Squadron left Wisconsin on Sunday. They are headed for southwest Asia.
Ceremonies to honor those who served in the military were held Sunday in veterans' homes in Union Grove and King, and at the Northern Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery near Spooner.
Gov. Scott Walker spoke at an event Friday at the state Capitol. He said, "Thank you," to all Wisconsinites who have served in the military.
All state agencies will be open on Monday.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police